Friday, January 9, 2009

January 9th, 09-Grindhouse Shirt, blue jeans

I did my first Mole-Richardson volunteer job today. I did alright, didn't fuck up and look dumb...

...I was talking to some of the guys there about working. A lot of the other volunteers are college grads, who are working in the Industry. One of the guys worked for Panavision, but got laid off since the economy's bad.

And right now the economies always bad for movies. January is a sucky time to be trying to find work, cause nobody's making a movie in January. Not to mention the SAG strike on the horizon. It's just a bad time to be wanting money.

I've been looking for at least a project to do for the past couple of weeks. I miss making movies. I miss putting lights up high and pushing crab dollies. I can't wait to get back to filmming something. My big goal is to be DP. Nobody wants me as a DP since I didn't work with them over the summer. None of the people I worked with over the summer are likely to want to work with me again. hahahahaha

Their loss


I really love being at Mole-Richardson. All the lights and set, it's really a fun place to be. Probably one of my favorite places, to be honest. I can't be alone in thinking that. ASC's gonna be there Valentines Day for their Award ceremony, and cinematographers keep coming there to run their film tests.

I was talking to a woman who was an 1st AC. Those are the people who assemble the camera on set, pull focus, and make sure everything gets put back right. She was saying a good way to go and just play with cameras is to contact rental houses and just ask if I can come in and mess around. You tell them your a student filmmaker, and they'll let you hang out for free. I might do that. I want to learn how to pull focus and put the camera together...

No comments:

Post a Comment